4/20/2009

Reflection

Last September, I started to the study life in SBS. I had 7 subjects. Every subject affects me and gave me some good ideas. In my image, the Canadian Studies gave me the information about Canada. It was the most important knowledge that I need to learn. I will introduce something that I learned.

1. What have you learned since September in Canadian Studies? (Or since you started to take the class)
Canadian Studies is a rich subject. It includes the languages, histories; geography and it improve the ability for us. At the beginning of Canadian Studies, Ms Chan helped us to suit the English studies as possible as we can. It was a wonderful experience. We discussed some topic and played games or had some performances. I liked the way to studying. I think it was really help me to improve the speaking and suit the different way to studying. After 10 days, we studied some information about the geography. We read some stories and materials about the 10 provinces in Canada. We also did many exercises for the information about 10 provinces. We knew situations about Canada. It was good for us. After that, my classmates were divided in different group. We worked with the group members for regions of Canada. Our region is Arctic Region. It is a very special region in Canada. We decided to do a PowerPoint for the region. The PowerPoint showed the location, climate, Native People and the cultures of Arctic Region. On the due class, we introduced it in English and Chinese. We shared the knowledge with different group. We did the concept map for all regions in Canada. On the concept map, I drew some pictures to express the regions' information. It was a creative way to studying. Then, we studied the Native People. We also studied as the same way as the region. Our group collected the information of the Inuit. I made the concept better than before. We learned how to write the expository essay. It is like a hamburger and it includes the introduction、body paragraph1、body paragraph 2、body paragraph 3 and conclusion. At the first time of this term, we had our own bog on the Internet. It was amazing. We put the homework 、essays and the feelings in the bog. We studied the experiences of Columbus and the exploration of John Cabot and Jacques Cartier. I'd like to answer the questions on the Internet. It can improve our speed of typing and suit the studying way of Canada. The most interesting thing is we did the Viking Ship in a group. We made the Viking Ship and painted it. It must be stayed in water more than 10 minutes. Then, we accepted the personal narrative essay. We did the puppet show in a group. We did it by ourselves and showed the performance in a video. We also did the words exercises about the worldly-wise 1 and played the words game. So far, I introduced the Canadian Studies roughly. I hope I will be better in the subject. It is because I really like the subject.

2. What is the most memorable lesson you remember? (If you weren't here, maybe at another school)
In my imagine, the most memorable lesson is the puppet show. I chose the Jacques Cartier's explorations to showing with my group members. We knew the knowledge about Jacques Cartier and drew the character at the same time. It was a different way to study the explorations. We did the background of the show. We did the puppet delicately. It included Jacques Cartier、the Native People、the chief with his two sons. It was good for our imagery and understanding of exploration. When we started to making the video, we found 3 people are too small. In the final, Bo、Candy、Angela and Martin helped us to showing the pose of the character. The puppet show is an interesting subject and it was full of creative.

3. Think about your life as a student here since September. Have you changed? How?
I like the atmosphere in SBS. It is different. I liked the way to studying in SBS. I am not study for credits. I want to be a strong one in the future. Before I came to SBS, my father and mother told me:“ It is a different way for you, we think you will do better. I think I have changed. It is not only in studying way but also the ideas、thoughts and the way to get together with others. I can show myself boldly and seize the chance. I can share my ideas with others. I think my abilities were improved and I learned to made a goal and a plan before I did something even just a little thing. My spoken language and hearing are better. I am confident in myself and I have already plan for the future. It is the most important that I studied in SBS. I learned to work in a group. It is a special way to studying. In China, students must think about something independently. I like work together and we get on well with each other. Sometimes, I "look after" my feeling and the experiences after one activity. The harvest is far more than these. All of these are my gift from SBS. I like the school and teachers. I always believe they can help me to come true my dreams. Thank you my dear Scan.

4. What is your goal for yourself by June? What is your plan to study?
I want to know more than before and now. I want to do better and speak more. I think I should seize more time on studies. I can get more English words. I should try more essays. It is positive. I like writing. Sometimes I am not put a lot effort in my studies. I should do more. If I can not work hard, how can I respect my future will be different? First I should pass the Provincial Exam and get a beautiful mark. I will try to do more essays. I know it is good for me. When I get troubles on studies, I will talk with my teachers. I want to get A on my credits. I know it is difficult, but I still try.

5. What are you most proud of in school since September? Have you done your best?
I am proud of myself. A same questions or problems, I can think more deep than others. My knowledge is rich. I always remember my dreams. I help others as possible as I can. I can understand a thing quickly. My experiences are rich. I am good at playing the piano and some subject. I am proud of my dream. I want to be a diplomat. Sometimes, I have done my best, but the most rest of studies I didn't do my best. It was a bad situation. I want to change it. I think maybe it is difficult; I should not to be afraid.

Bonus
1. Is there anything else you want to tell me or reflect about?
My dear Ms Chan, thank you your chance to express my experiences and thought in SBS and Canadian Studies. I really like SBS. It is a special experience for me. Sometimes, I want to talk with you. The studies、 the world and anything. I am looking forward to do it.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Cristine,

    WOW. I feel like I opened a window into your mind and learned so much about the way you see school and life. From September until now, I have seen the way you have changed. I can feel it. I rememeber the time when you tried to get food and then felt so upset at yourself for doing that. You have changed so much. You have grown up so much. I think you are truly blossoming into an intelligent, thoughtful, insightful and mature young lady.

    It is true. I see the change in your writing. I see the improvement in your writing. I think it is because you have truly tried harder on your reading log.

    After reading your reflection, I am amazed. I am amazed at how much you have improved since the beginning. I am very very proud of you.

    Thank you for being reflective. Thank you for trying your best. Thank you for trying your best. Thank you for having the heart and the attitude to study.

    I know in the next term, you will do so much better! I hope you don't mind if I challenge you to be the best you can be. I really want you to learn and to love learning.

    Take care,
    Ms. Chan

    (You can always talk to me, you know where to find me)

    ReplyDelete